Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SHOW #009 - NERDBOY GADGET: NerdBoyTV loves the Flip Video Ultra

NerdBoyTV is a BIG fan of this little innovative video camcorder.



When my 14-year-old was a baby and toddler, I lugged around a GIGANTIC Hi-8 (remember those) camcorder. I remember videotaping EVERY moment, yawn, and giggle and have about 15 two-hour tapes of her. Then came the three boys and I just lost the energy to pull the big, awkward camcorder out to film anything.

How I wish they had this little gadget back then...

But, I'm making up for lost time quickly. Now, at parties, restaurants, parks, events, or at home, I just click the Flip Video Camcorder on like a digital camera and start recording. The video AND audio are quite impressive considering the size of the unit.

What I like best is that the camera is as easy-to-use as a digital camera...just point and click. You'll find that you're more willing (and ready) to capture everyday events that you'll treasure for a lifetime.

...and isn't that the point of having a camcorder anyway?

PROS:
  • Easy-to-use (most important) with a fairly intuitive user interface
  • Small, compact, and quickly accessible
  • Software built into the camera; just plug-and-play
  • Can easily upload to YouTube.com
  • Proof that even a kid can use it; my 6-year-old uses it all the time!
  • Inexpensive and now comes is a variety of nifty colors

CONS:

  • Buttons a little awkward for those of us with "stubby" fingers
  • USB arm connector is difficult to attach to some computers
  • Why even bother with a 30-minute version of this camera? Stick with the 60-minute!

No comments: