Saturday, January 1, 2011

10 Must-Have Android Apps

10 Must-Have Android Apps | PCMag.com: "A few days ago, I was showing my girlfriend, an iPhone 4 owner, something on my Android-based Sprint Epic 4G. 'Wow,' she said, 'You have a lot of apps.' I responded casually, but with a certain about of nonchalant geek pride: 'Yes, yes I do.'

Indeed, my dogged pursuit of cool apps is a big reason why I sold my Palm Pre back to Sprint and switched to the Android platform a few months back. Although the number still can't quite match the abundance of Apple's App Store, the Android market is chock full of great applications. But with thousands to choose from, where do you start? Start with these 10 must-have Android apps and you can't go wrong. I promise.

Before we get to them, however, I have to mention a few of my favorite apps that I had to leave off the list. The most obvious omission is Angry Birds. It's a must-have download, to be sure, but at this point, I have to assume you have already heard of it. Everyone has, so there isn't much value in including it here. I also left out both the official Twitter client and TweetDeck. I'm a big Twitter user (@dancosta), but the truth is, most people probably don't need to Tweet from their phone. And those that do already know to download the client.

Likewise, I couldn't get the excellent Photoshop Express into this story. More and more people are using their phones as their primary point and shoot, but I don't think most people are up for in-phone editing just yet. If you're a power user, go for it, but this story is for the newbies. And if you're just starting to download Android apps, these are the first 10 you should get...in my humble opinion, anyway.

- Sent using Google Toolbar"

3 comments:

SmithPro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SmithPro said...

Hey Ryan, thanks for posting this great android apps article from PCMag. Love your blog and design. Cheers Mark

sushant said...

firstly thanks for great collection of those apps i really enjoyed reading but i still have some querry to you that how you submit your article with google toolbar can you make some guide to that and i have also listed top 10 android apps of year 2017 :D really appreciated to get feedback from yours